Miracle News

THE ONLY BI-LINGUAL AND BI-WEEKLY NEWSPAPER OF THE MUSLIM COMMUNITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA
Volume 17 Issue 458-Jamadi ul Awal 2, 1439 AH January 19, 2018
 
 
 
 
PICK UP YOUR COPY OF
   :: Sports

::Inzamam ready to take responsibility for Pakistan’s debacle in New Zealand

Pakistan national team chief selector Inzamamul Haq has said that he is ready to take full responsibility for Sarfraz Ahmed and co’s dismal performance on their limited-overs tour of New Zealand. Kane Williamson-led New Zealand gained an unassailable 3-0 lead in the five-match ODI series on Saturday after humiliating Pakistan with a 183-run defeat, as the Men in Green succumbed to their third lowest total of 74 in the 50-over format while chasing 257. Inzamam, while addressing media on Sunday during the National One-Day Departmental Cup, said Pakistan need to find strength from the bench to hit back in the series. “The players on the bench are there to be used as replacement if the mainstays are not performing,” he said. “The time has come that Pakistan try players from the bench.” When asked to comment on the batting performance, Inzamam said: “The way we have lost wickets in all the matches is not acceptable. If it had happened in a single match then we could’ve accepted it, but they did not put up a good show in all three encounters.” The 47-year-old added that the team needed to move forward after the Champions Trophy victory but they are at a standstill at the moment. “This is nearly the same team that won the Champions Trophy and since then our performances should have become better, however we see that the team hasn’t improved,” he said. Inzamam continued saying winning and losing in part of the game but he expected a better fight from the team “I don’t care if they win or lose, but they need to perform better than this,” he said. However, he was optimistic that they will find solutions to the problems Pakistan are facing on the tour. “There are some reasons behind these losses, but disturbing the team right now, in the middle of the series is not right. I am as worried about Pakistan’s performance as anyone else in the country, and when the team returns we will sit together with the captain, the coach and the management and talk about what happened and what can be done about, like we always do after every bad and good series.” On a concluding note, Inzamam said if Pakistan is not able to change their fortunes in the ongoing series, he is ready to take all the responsibility. “Conditions are different in New Zealand and I agree we should do more overseas tours, but we cannot solely blame the conditions,” he explained. “Team has been making mistakes that could’ve been avoided. We still have five matches (two ODIs and three T20Is) left and we are hopeful that the team will perform better, and if it doesn’t, I’m ready to take all the responsibility.”
Source: Express Tribuney

::Fifa lifts lid on fixed 2018 World Cup qualifying tie and banned referee

Fifa has explained why Ghanaian referee Joseph Lamptey was banned for life, saying he tried “to make certain bets successful” in a World Cup qualifier. Lamptey aroused suspicion during South Africa’s 2-1 win over Senegal in 2016, a qualifying match for Russia 2018. “He [took] intentional decisions with the sole purpose of facilitating a minimum number of goals to make certain bets successful,” Fifa said. Fifa believes the bets related to the game featuring at least two goals. Football’s world governing body has never given extensive details of the case before, but said it had decided to do so now because of “its complex nature and various misconceptions”. The game in Polokwane, South Africa, featured a contentious penalty converted by the home side after 43 minutes, when a Senegalese defender was adjudged to have handled the ball, despite replays showing it had hit Kalidou Koulibaly’s knee. Fifa also concluded that Lamptey was at fault for South Africa’s second goal just two minutes later, stating that the Ghanaian “clearly took two wrong decisions, which led to two goals being scored by South Africa”. The Zurich-based organisation added in a statement: “Suspicious betting activities reached their climax precisely when Lamptey took the incorrect refereeing decision between the 40th minute and the end of the first half.” Fifa said it was alerted to possible match manipulation by five different betting monitoring companies who “independently and simultaneously reported” that irregular betting activities had taken place. “All five betting operators deemed the betting activities witnessed during the match to be highly irregular and indicative of match manipulation,” Fifa affirmed. No details were given of who may have placed the bets. Neither South Africa nor Senegal were found to have been involved in the “match manipulation”. In September, Fifa took the unusual step of ordering the game - which was Senegal’s first competitive defeat in 22 months at the time - to be replayed. Two months later, the West Africans won the replay 2-0 and so qualified for the World Cup for the first time in 16 years. Lamptey appealed against his ban to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which ruled that Fifa’s sanction was appropriate. Source: BBC
::
 


   :: Other Features
Editorial /Opinion
::The empire strikes back

Read More  
Local Events

::Surrey Jameh Masjid hosted Youth forum with RCMP Sgt. Stanford
Read More